NEWSLETTER SEPTEMBER 2018
BALLYHOURA BEARS COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2018.
PRESIDENTS: CAL McCARTHY (086) 4091351, TOM McCARTHY (087) 7605268
CHAIRPERSON: PAT HEVENOR (087) 6403050
SECRETARY: JIM FLYNN (087) 2933456
SOCIAL SECRETARY: DEIRDRE FITZPATRICK (087) 6569224
MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY: MAUREEN MURPHY (086) 8361321
TREASURER: PAT MORIARTY (087) 2652242
P.R.O.: J. J. CREMIN (087) 6887977
BALLYHOURA DELEGATE: MAURICE LYONS (086) 3375207
WALKS FIXTURES: DECLAN CLANCY (087) 7118560
ENVIRONMENTAL & TRAINING OFFICER: MIKE NOONAN (085) 7329975
- The Club would like to wish Denis O’Brien the very best on his upcoming trip to Everest.
- The Club would also like to wish the very best to Eileen Hurley and The Saturday Morning Walkers on their upcoming trip to the Camino.
- The Club would like to extend its Condolences to the Morley and Caulfield Families on the recent passing of Cyril Morley and Jim Caulfield.
- It is hoped that at a future date (depending on level of interest from the Club members) to organise Courses in Basic Navigation and Map Reading, GPS, First Aid etc. Anyone who is interested might Text (087) 7118560 by the end of April stating what Course(s) interest you.
- The following are the Walk Details for the upcoming Easter Trip to Glengarriff. A and B walks on the Saturday and Sunday will start at 10.00am from The Eccles Hotel. The A walk on Saturday will be 7 hours approx. and the A walk on Sunday will be 5 hours approx. The B Walks on both days will be approx. 4 hours. There will also be an approx. 4 hours walk on Good Friday starting at 2.00pm – Meeting at Gougane Barra Church.
- To view upcoming Mountain Meitheal Dates and Events you can log on to: www.meithealsoutheastern.com or click here