Newsletter September 2021
PLEASE TAKE NOTE – That on Wednesday October 6th – the 2021 A.G.M. will take place at 8pm in Deebert House Hotel. It is important that as many people as possible attend this A.G.M.
At 6.30pm - on the same evening and same venue – Denis O’Brien’s Presentation on Climbing Everest takes place – this is a rare opportunity to hear at first hand a climber’s experience on the highest mountain in the world, this climber being a member of our Walking Club – not to be missed – names strictly in advance to 087 711 8560 – as Early Booking is Essential – numbers limited.
- Suggestions for next Easter trip away will be welcome and discussed at the A.G.M on 6th October. It is hoped that a decision on the same will be finalised on the night.
- The Club are hoping to organise some training for Walk Leaders through Mountaineering Ireland in the near future. Further details to follow.
- Membership Forms for the 2021/2022 year can be downloaded from the Ballyhoura Bears website or by contacting any Committee member. Please Note – that membership year is from 1st November to 31st October. Membership forms can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Are you taking one home from the Hills - Mountaineering Ireland challenges all Walkers and Climbers to remove one piece of rubbish every time they go out on the hills. Take a small bag and pick up the litter, thus avoiding direct contact.
- New walks list now updated on the website and can be downloaded by clicking here